On November the 14th of November 3pm CET, New Neighbours presented its documentaries during one of the national meetings in Hamburg, Germany.
National meetings are a structural part of the project of New Neighbours and they are an opportunity for people interested in challenging the narrative around migration, to meet, discuss and learn from each other.
This national meeting in particular was moderated by Larry Macaulay, founder of CMMA2020 and Refugee Radio Network.
The Schedule of the National Meeting in Hamburg
The national meeting in Hamburg took place online: it was be live-streamed on Youtube via the platform Kampnagel Digital Platform and will be accessible freely.
Starting at 3pm CET, the even went on until 5pm CET and saw the participation of several experts. Guest speakers were:
- Nadia Bellardi – Project Manager / Partner NN – Community Media Forum Europe – CMFE
- Bettina Kolb, producer of the documentary Deutsche Welle – DW
- Dasa Raimanova, Director of the documentary Deutsche Welle – DW
While additional panel speakers are:
- Nyima Jadama, Journalist from The Gambia – ALEX Offener Kanal Berlin
- Dasa Raimanova, Director of the documentary – Deutsche Welle
- Judith Rau / Nadine Jessen Jesseline, founders – New Media Socialism Hamburg
- Anas Aboura, Activist from Syria, working as a Curator at Kampnagel Hamburg
- Muller Gracio Manalu, Artist/Musician from Indonesia Member – Mirage Band & Projekt Toffi-Hamburg
Screening of New Neighbours Documentary During the National Meeting
Halfway through the national meeting, one of our documentaries was screened: Across the Road – Worlds Apart which tells the story of Syrian refugees finding a new home in Germany.
For more information on the national meeting and to access to it, visit the Facebook page.